Heading to Belmont Park in June is a tradition for many horse racing fans alike. What many first-time goers don’t realize is that the Belmont Stakes is a unique festival-like weekend. Filled with races, entertainment, gourmet food and more, there is no reason you shouldn’t be spending your whole weekend on the race track. Below are just a few of the events going on from June 8th – 10th in Elmont, New York! (Check back for updates)
Fast History of the Belmont Stakes
- The first run of the Belmont Stakes was held in 1867, making it the oldest of the Triple Crown™ races.
- Belmont Park is named after August Belmont, a 19th century banker and the first President of the Jockey Club in 1867.
- Ruthless was the very first winner in 1867, while the 2016 winner was Creator.
- You will find plenty of White Carnations throughout the weekend, which represents love and luck to the Belmont Stakes.
- Parking Gates Open: June 8th & 9th at 8:00am, June 10th at 8:00am
- Admission Gates Open: June 8th & 9th at 11:00am, June 10th at 8:30am
- Belmont Stakes Race: Saturday, June 10th at 6:50pm
- First Post Times:
- Thursday, June 8th 1pm
- Friday, June 9th 12:50pm
- Saturday, June 10th 11:35am
- Friday, June 9th: Mike DelGuidice & Big Shot – Celebrating the Music of Billy Joel
- Saturday, June 10th: To be announced
Where is Belmont Park?
- 2150 Hempstead Turnpike, Elmont, NY 11003
- View Belmont Park map here.
Official Ticket Packages to the Belmont Stakes 2017
Belmont Experiences, Official Ticket Provider for the Belmont Stakes, offers exclusive access to the festival, racing weekend. All ticket packages come with exclusive hospitality access located in The Diamond Room at The North Shore Terrace, which includes a premium open bar, gourmet food buffets, betting windows, private restrooms, guest appearance by Executive Chef Kevin Des Chenes, Jockey & Trainer Q&A with Jean Cruguet & Bill Turner, and more! To explore our Official Ticket Packages for the 2017 Belmont Stakes click the button below or give us a call at 844.488.4351!